The Gypsum Holiday Lighting Contest is here. Don’t miss out on this fun annual tradition as we celebrate the holiday season!
Open to homes in Gypsum that demonstrate some form of exterior holiday lighting, this contest will bestow honors and awards to the most festive exterior holiday decorations in our community.
To enter, you may nominate your own home or a neighbor's home by filling out the Holiday Lighting Contest Entry Form and submitting a photo (or two) of the decorated home. Entries must be received by Monday, December 11th at 3 pm to be eligible for voting.
Beginning Tuesday, December 12th, all entries will be listed on our Holiday Lighting Contest Voting Page where residents may vote through Monday, December 18th to determine the "Residents' Choice" winner. Separately, Town employee judges will nominate homes and vote to select a "TOG Staff Choice" winner the week of December 18th. Both winners will be contacted and have our festive yard sign placed in their front yard no later than Wednesday, December 20th.
Bring on the lights and best of luck!
- Contest is free to enter.
- Entries and nominations must be homes within the Gypsum Town limits.
- Entries must include a valid and complete (address number and street) Gypsum address to be eligible for the contest.
- Entries must be received by Monday, December 11th @ 3 pm to be eligible for voting.
- Only decorations visible in the photograph submitted online with the entry will be subject to the "Residents' Choice" voting.
- Only decorations visible from the roadway will be subject to "TOG Staff Choice" judging.
- Town Staff judging criteria is based on: Creativity, Most Spirit, and Scale of Lights
- Homes are limited to winning once every three (3) years.
- Only one winner per contest category.
- Winners will be contacted by Town staff around 12/20.
Contest Categories & Prizes:
Residents' Choice: $150 Costco Gift Card + Festive Award Yard Sign. (Based in community votes.)
TOG Staff Choice: $150 Costco Gift Card + Festive Award Yard Sign. (Based on Town of Gypsum staff judge choices.)